Here are the final results of the CYAMemphis Mass Mob #3 voting:
Ascension 36 9.4%
Holy Names 21 5.5%
St. James 252 65.5%
St. Patrick 76 19.7%
Upon review of the individual entries, it appears that someone may have disregarded the “one vote per person per day” guidelin OR there was an unprecedented last-minute push by St. James supporters!
Unfortunately, we have no way with our current system to verify which scenario is true. We also have no way of knowing if anyone from St. James was even involved in the attempt.
We do not want to penalize St. James for something they most likely did not have any control over nor do we want St. Patrick’s to suffer negative consequences as a result of these events.
Therefore, it has been decided that St. James Catholic Church will be the site of our next Mass Mob this Sunday and that St. Patrick’s will be the location of the following Mass Mob in October.
In the meantime, we’ll look at our voting system to insure some well-meaning and mischievous person is not able to sway the vote.
Don’t know how to Mass Mob? Don’t worry, check out our handy tips below!
We’ll see you this Sunday
4180 Leroy Avenue
Memphis, TN 38108
How do I mass Mob?
- Spread the word! Share this post on social media using #MemphisMassMob, and tell us you’re going.
- Invite friends! Set up a car pool, plan lunch for after Mass, share the experience, make it an event!
- Plan to get there early! The church is beautiful and we expect a crowd, so be sure to give yourself some extra time to take in the beauty of the church and prepare to receive our Lord.
- Fully participate in the Liturgy! Sing out with joy, respond with enthusiasm, pray your hardest, engage in the mass!
- GIVE! Bring something extra for the offertory this Sunday. Help support the parish in a big way by being gratuitously generous this day.
- Be kind and patient. Make a little more room in the pew. Give up your seat for an expectant mother. Be respectful of the prayer time of others.
- Share the experience with others! After the Mass Mob, let people know what a great experience you had. Share pictures and smiles and joy using #MemphisMassMob. Talk about it at work or with your friends or your family.
- Get involved! Use this as an opportunity to boost your own faith as well as the life of the parish. Begin a daily devotion or join your young adult group or the men’s/women’s group. Volunteer with a parish project. Cooperate with the grace you receive in the Eucharist and participate in Christ’s mission on Earth however and wherever you are called to do it.