We have been monitoring the local COVID-19 surge very closely over the last few weeks to determine the most prudent course of action for our Speed Dating Event scheduled for September 20.
We waited as long as we could to make a decision to see if the situation showed signs if significant improvement. Unfortunately, due to the rise in COVID-19 Cases in Memphis and the mask mandate that is currently in place, we were not able to come up with a format and protocol which would allow you to have a quality experience while doing our part to slow the spread of the virus.
We will monitor the case numbers and health department reports and reschedule as soon as we can. Those who have signed up will get first-priority spots on the new date.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Looking for love in all the wrong places?
This might be the RIGHT place.
We’ve heard that it’s hard to meet people in Memphis and even harder to meet Catholics.
This St. Raphael Speed Dating Event is organized by the Office of Young Adult Ministry for Catholic Young Adults by Catholic Young Adults. It’s a great way to meet other Catholic Singles in a low pressure environment and maybe make some friends along the way!
Time: 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Place: Carolina Watershed
141 E. Carolina Ave.
Memphis, TN 38126
Price: $35 (includes free hours d’oeuvres and 2 drinks from the bar)
pay at the door by check, cash, or credit card.
Advanced Registration Required: Click HERE
*There are only 21 spots for women and 21 spots for men. If you sign up after these limits, you will be notified and put on a waiting list.
Our Speed Dating Process:
- Sign up through the link above!
- The night of the event, we’ll have a brief welcome, divide you into groups and explain the process.
- Each person will be provided a card with the names of your dates.
- We’ll have 2 dating rounds, a break, and 2 more dating rounds.
- During each dating round, you’ll have a series of 5-minute “dates”. At the end of each date, we’ll ring a bell, and the men will rotate from one table to another.
- During the break, we’ll split the men and women up and you’ll get a chance to mingle or catch your breath.
- At the end of the night, you’ll mark YES on your card for those you’d like to see again and NO for the ones you don’t. (Don’t worry. It’s completely anonymous.)
- If you mark YES for a date and that date marks YES for you, St. Raphael’s will provide that date with your preferred method of contact. The rest is up to you.