Catholic Young Adult Ministry is hosting Catholic Speed Dating on August 17. To find out more and to register, check out our post HERE!
To get ready, we thought it would be a great idea to tell you about the process and give some tips to help along the way.
Our Speed Dating Process
- The first step is to register! Do it HERE.
- The night of the event, we’ll have a brief welcome, divide you into groups and explain the process.
- Each person will be provided a card with the names of your dates.
- We’ll have 2 dating rounds and 1 mingle round.
- During each dating round, you’ll have a series of 5-minute “dates.” At the end of each date, we’ll ring a bell, and the men will rotate from one table to another.
- During the mingle round, you’ll get a chance to break the ice the old fashioned way or hide in the corner to catch your breath.
- At the end of the night, you’ll mark YES on your card for those you’d like to see again and NO for the ones you don’t. (Don’t worry. It’s completely anonymous.)
- If you mark YES for a date and that date marks YES for you, St. Raphael’s will provide that date with your preferred method of contact. The rest is up to you.
1. Look and feel your best! Not to impress the others, but to feel confident about yourself.
2. Listen as much as you speak.
3. Don’t drink too much!
4. Look for connections, not romance. Real love takes time to grow. Don’t expect to plan your life with someone after 5 minutes.
6. Relax, help others feel at home.
7. Be yourself.
8. Come prepared with questions, but make sure they’re appropriate to the situation. “How much money do you make?” Is not a good choice. “What was your favorite TV Show as a kid?” could get the conversation started better.
9. HAVE FUN! Make the most of it and don’t put too much pressure on yourself.
10. Follow up after the event without pressure. Young adults are busy people. If it’s meant to be, they’ll get back to you. If not, it’s their loss. 😉